On our breast cancer treatment episode, join Cindy as she learns how to cook with the intent to prevent and heal cancer. She’s joining Chef Marti Wolfson at the HGS Home Chef cooking school. HGS Home Cooking school combines all the best nostalgic pieces of an old time general store. You will find timeless household goods, handmade linens, great vintage items and local specialties. You’ll also find Chef Marti and she’ll show the magic.
Broccoli, Leek and Potato Soup
Recipe by Marti Wolfson
Yield: 8 cups
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, strings removed and chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and stems
- 2 cups kale
- 1 yukon potato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt and cook until they are translucent. Next, add the ginger, garlic, broccoli, potato, kale and ½ teaspoon sea salt and continue to cook another 3 minutes. Add the stock, a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Place the soup in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning.
Chef Marti is the founder of MW Culinary Wellness, LLC, a culinary nutrition and wellness practice based in NYC. She brings a unique set of skill as an experienced health-supportive chef with a masters in Functional Medicine and mind-body practitioner. She provides private and public cooking classes, one-on-one counseling, corporate wellness lectures and workshops. She is a nationally recognized culinary nutrition and wellness educator who has been passionately helping people to transform their health for 15 years.
Her commitment to a healthy lifestyle stems from her years as a dancer where nutrition and physical conditioning were imperative to preventing injury. With an extensive background in cooking, nutrition, movement, and mind-body medicine, Chef Marti believes in an individualized whole-person approach to health and healing.