As the CEO of a booking agency, we have to turn a lot of wonderful speakers away because they don’t have their platform together. And I see a lot of speakers not get the gig for the same reason.
Let me give you the top 10 items to work on:
- Who is your market? Example, corporate is too broad for example but sales teams in pharmaceutical is more specific.
- What is your point of view? What do you have to say that is radically different than other speakers in your topic and market? And remember, it is NOT your story. It has to be a specific deliverable you can give to the audience that addresses their needs.
- What are your 3 signature talk titles and description and for WHO? It needs to be specific and most speakers say anyone.
- Prep your bios: 300-word bio, 100-word bio and 100-word intro
- Have at least 2 high-resolution pictures (one headshot, one in action)
- A list of previous clients (choose your top 10 most recognizable ones)
- A list of your top 5-10 media you have done
- Your speaker reel
- A video of you speaking continuously for at least 5-10 minutes. We need to see how you carry yourself in a longer clip
Bonus: A speaker one sheet
If you need help putting together your speaking platform, we can help. Schedule a consultation with us here.
You can also check out our Lucrative Bookings Small Group Intensive to build your platform. Learn more here.
If you want to know how to go from being a good speaker to great so you can command more gigs and higher pay, click here.
Learn My Gig-Getting Formula For
Landing High Paid Speaking Engagements.